The Alabama Ballet School provides the highest quality training to aspiring artists of all ages that is developmentally appropriate both physically and artistically. The Alabama Ballet School’s instruction is based on the syllabus provided by the Royal Academy of Dance in London which takes into consideration the particular level of development of each child within that level.
The RAD is an international teaching organization committed to establishing standards of excellence in ballet instruction. The faculty of the Alabama Ballet School is required to attend a workshop for the Royal Academy of Dance syllabus. This provides the students with training that is both consistent and unified. Examinations are administered to students at the end of each school year. The Alabama Ballet School strives to serve members of the community who choose to dance as an extra-curricular activity for fun and build healthy bodies as well as those who aspire to a career in dance.
Registration begins April 1 for the 2019 | 2020 school year. There is a $30 non-refundable registration fee per family per school year due with the registration form. RAD exam and class award fees are included in tuition.
Students will be placed in a level appropriate for both their age and level of physical and/or technical development. Our instructors are trained professionals who wish to provide age appropriate dance training for all of our young artists. Placement within a level is subject to change solely at the discretion of the artistic director.
Registration & Tutition Highlights
- Registration and payment must be complete prior to beginning classes.
- Classes are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Students registered at the Alabama Ballet Royal Academy of Dance are registered for the entire session and are responsible for payments throughout the end of the school year, unless written notification is received the month prior to withdrawal.
- Tuition is non-refundable beyond the first day of class, except in the case of serious illness or injury, verified by a doctor’s written confirmation.
- Classes do have maximums to insure quality instruction.
- Be sure to register early.
- Scholarships/Financial Aid Forms must be in by September 1st for the 2019|2020 school year.
Education Sponsors to Thank
- Mike and Gillian Goodrich Charitable Foundation
- Alabama State Council on the Arts
- National Endowment for the Arts
- The Joseph S. Bruno Foundation
- Daniel Foundation of Alabama
- The Caring Foundation
- Comer Foundation
- Wells Fargo
- City of Birmingham
- Burr & Forman LLP