George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker®
dec. 17-20, 22, 23, 2020
BJCC Concert hall
RAM TOOL CONSTRUCTION SUPPLY CO.
About the Performance
Alabama Ballet is proud to present George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker® as one of only eight companies in the world licensed by The Balanchine Trust to perform this holiday masterpiece. Tchaikovsky’s beloved melodies transport the young and young at heart to a magical world where mischievous mice besiege a battalion of toy soldiers and an onstage blizzard leads to an enchanted Land of Sweets.
Tickets are available for purchase using the link above, at Ticketmaster.com, through our office at 205-322-4300 or at-the-door the day of the show. Ticket sales through our office will close Wednesday, Dec. 16th at 5 pm. Tickets will still be available for purchase online or at-the-door depending on availability.
We can only honor event tickets purchased directly through Ticketmaster. Tickets bought from individuals or third-party sites (StubHub, Vivid Seats, Vivint, etc.) may not be valid. If you purchase tickets through those sites or individuals, you risk purchasing invalid tickets. To guarantee that your ticket be honored, you must purchase through Ticketmaster online or in person at a Ticketmaster outlet or our office.
People making this possible
George Balanchine | © The Balanchine Trust
Pyotr Il’yich Tchaikovsky
Balanchine Trust Répétiteur
1 hour 37 minutes + 15 minute intermission
Alabama Ballet is committed to the health and safety of our dancers, students, staff, board members, volunteers, patrons and guests. The following safety protocols have been established to ensure a safe return to the theater:
- Revised seating that adheres to social distancing protocols. Seating in the BJCC Concert Hall will be available at approximately 30% capacity.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures. The BJCC is the first facility in Alabama to earn the STAR Facility Accreditation on cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention from Global Biorisk Advisory Council. Learn more HERE.
- Mask requirement for all staff and patrons in the theater
- Contactless mobile ticketing
- Digital performance programs