The RAD is an international teaching organization committed to establishing standards of excellence in ballet instruction. The faculty of the Alabama Ballet School is required to attend a workshop for the Royal Academy of Dance syllabus. This provides the students with training that is both consistent and unified. Examinations are administered to students at the end of each school year. The Alabama Ballet School strives to serve members of the community who choose to dance as an extra-curricular activity for fun and build healthy bodies as well as those who aspire to a career in dance.
Photo by Eric Lucky
- Registration begins May 15th for the 23/24 school year. There is a $30 non-refundable registration fee per family per school year due with the registration form. RAD exam and class award fees are included in the tuition cost.
- Registration closes for the 23/24 school year on Friday, August 18th at 5:00 pm. Classes are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Classes have maximum capacities to ensure quality instruction, so be sure to register early.
- Classes begin on August 14th for the 23/24 school year.
- Registration and payment must be complete prior to beginning classes.
- Students registered at the Alabama Ballet Royal Academy of Dance are registered for the entire session and are responsible for payments throughout the end of the school year (see tuition installment plan below).
Students will be placed in a level appropriate for both their age and level of physical and/or technical development. Our instructors are trained professionals who wish to provide age-appropriate dance training for all of our young artists. Placement within a level is subject to change solely at the discretion of the artistic director.
For more information, please visit our Attire page.
- Tuition Installment Plan:
- Aug 14 – 1st installment due
- Sep 11 – 2nd installment due
- Oct 9 – 3rd installment due
- Nov 6 – 4th installment due
- Jan 8 – 5th installment payment of second semester due
- Feb 5 – 6th installment due
- Mar 5 – 7th installment due
- Apr 2 – 8th installment due
- Students are enrolled for the entire year with tuition due in 8 installments. If it is preferred, families may pay by semester or by year to receive a discount. Payment is due by the first day of the semester or school year in order to receive this discount. Tuition rates can be found here: Class Schedule | Alabama Ballet
- Tuition is non-refundable beyond the first day of class, except in the case of serious illness or injury, verified by a doctor’s written confirmation.
- The school does not refund registration fees.
- In the event that a student changes his/her mind about continuing classes with the Alabama Ballet School, tuition is still due for the remainder of the semester in which the student is enrolled. However, students may withdraw from classes prior to the following semester. Students must notify the school office of any changes for the second semester before the end of the first semester. This must be in writing or by e-mail.
- For tuition payments, you may pay online using our CompuDance system, or by sending in a check with your dancer. To access CompuDance, email email@example.com for login instructions. Checks should be made out to Alabama Ballet School and placed in the lockbox on the school office door. You may also mail checks to:
Alabama Ballet School
2726 1st Ave S
Birmingham, AL 35233
- Families requesting scholarship or financial aid consideration for the 23/24 school year must request and complete the Scholarship/Financial Aid Form by August 8th.
- There are no refunds for classes missed. Tuition is not pro-rated for missed classes or classes canceled because of severe weather or other extraordinary circumstances.
- The only Monday holiday closed is Labor Day. You can find the school calendar here: School Calendar | Alabama Ballet
- Students with past due tuition will not be allowed to take class until payment is cleared.
- A $25 fee will be charged for all returned checks.
- A late fee of $20 will be charged on payments received 10 days or more past due.
- To keep administration costs low, no monthly bills will be sent.
Education Sponsors to Thank
- Mike and Gillian Goodrich Charitable Foundation
- Alabama State Council on the Arts
- National Endowment for the Arts
- The Joseph S. Bruno Foundation
- Daniel Foundation of Alabama
- The Caring Foundation
- Comer Foundation
- Wells Fargo
- City of Birmingham
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Hill Crest Foundation