Romeo & Juliet
feb. 26-28, 2021
BJCC Concert hall
the hugh kaul foundation
EBSCO INDUSTRIES, INC.
About the Performance
Choreographed by Roger VanFleteren, Associate Artistic Director and Resident Choreographer of Alabama Ballet, Romeo & Juliet is an all-time favorite classical ballet based on Shakespeare’s tragedy. The ballet is known for its breathless pas de deux, dramatic emotions and tragic tale. Faithful to Shakespeare’s original text, the ballet follows the fate of the star-crossed lovers from their first meeting to their untimely, tragic deaths. The tale is full of secrets, passion and eternal love. Romeo & Juliet is likely the world’s best-known love story, and the ballet version of the tragic tale is set to Prokofiev’s dramatic score, widely recognized as a masterpiece of 20th century music.
Tickets on sale Dec. 28th.
People making this possible
By arrangement with G. Schirmer, INC. publisher and copyright owner
2 hours + 15 minute intermission
Alabama Ballet is committed to the health and safety of our dancers, students, staff, board members, volunteers, patrons and guests. The following safety protocols have been established to ensure a safe return to the theater:
- Revised seating that adheres to social distancing protocols. Seating in the BJCC Concert Hall will be available at approximately 30% capacity.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures. The BJCC is the first facility in Alabama to earn the STAR Facility Accreditation on cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention from Global Biorisk Advisory Council. Learn more HERE.
- Mask requirement for all staff and patrons in the theater
- Contactless mobile ticketing
- Digital performance programs