Romeo & Juliet
April 23-25, 2021
BJCC Concert hall
the hugh kaul foundation
EBSCO INDUSTRIES, INC.
About the Performance
Choreographed by Roger VanFleteren, Associate Artistic Director and Resident Choreographer of Alabama Ballet, Romeo & Juliet is an all-time favorite classical ballet based on Shakespeare’s tragedy. The ballet is known for its breathless pas de deux, dramatic emotions, and tragic tale. Faithful to Shakespeare’s original text, the ballet follows the fate of the star-crossed lovers from their first meeting to their untimely, tragic deaths. The tale is full of secrets, passion, and eternal love. Romeo & Juliet is likely the world’s best-known love story, and the ballet version of the tragic tale is set to Prokofiev’s dramatic score, widely recognized as a masterpiece of 20th-century music.
People making this possible
By arrangement with G. Schirmer, INC. publisher and copyright owner
2 hours + 15 minute intermission
know before you go
Health and Safety Procedures
Alabama Ballet is committed to the health and safety of our dancers, students, staff, board members, volunteers, patrons and guests. In addition to standard cleaning procedures, the following safety protocols have been established to ensure a safe return to the theater:
- Revised seating that adheres to social distancing protocols. Seating in the BJCC Concert Hall will be available at approximately 30% capacity.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures. The BJCC is the first facility in Alabama to earn the STAR Facility Accreditation on cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention from Global Biorisk Advisory Council. Learn more HERE.
- Mask requirement for all staff, dancers and patrons at all times including in the theater
- Contactless mobile ticketing (How to Access Your Mobile Tickets HERE)
- Digital performance programs
- Hand sanitizer stations
- All seats are sold in pods of 1, 2 or 4 to ensure socially distanced seating
- Concessions limited to lobby only
- Cash-less concessions. Card only
- Plexiglass shields at ticketing and concession windows
- The theatre is disinfected after every event with nontoxic disinfectant solution approved by CDC to ensure that every surface, including fabric, has been disinfected
- Staff and crew temperature checks and screenings upon entry